Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Two Years and Alot of Changes!

I didn't realize when I made my last post that it would be a whole year before I would write another one!  So many things have happened and I guess I just didn't know how to approach it all. 

In December of 2010, my husband of 35 years told me that he thought it would be best if we separated.  Our marriage, like most, had its ups and downs throughout the years.  Sometimes I guess we just get tired, or think something better awaits us and make these types of choices. 


We lived together until April 2010 when we told the kids and he moved out.  It has been a struggle for all of us but things are finally settling down into a more manageable life. 

I feel like I am finally starting to quit my pity party and rejoin life again.  It feels very weird, at 52 years old to be essentially starting over.  I know women have done this throughout time, and I will too. 



I am trying to look at this as a new beginning.  I need to get myself healthy and lose some weight.  I think it will help me have more energy to participate in the things I like to do.  I haven't done much in the way of projects etc,  but I have finally gotten back to listing in my Etsy shop. 

I am looking for a job.  I have ideas for the future.  I am learning to be patient.  I am learning to be independant. 


I hope to better myself through this experience and learn something that will help me in the future.  Who knows what is around the next bend in the road? 

Things often happen for the best in the long run. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails