Monday, November 22, 2010

Colder Than....

My oh my it is cold outside today!  We have quite a bit of snow for the Seattle area.  It started yesterday and we probably have 5 inches on the ground at this point.  School will most likely be cancelled tomorrow. 

I grew up in Yakima and it still amazes me that school is cancelled whenever there is any snow or ice on the roadways.  But once you have driven in snow over in western Washington, you quickly realize that it is really scary, and treacherous!  Everyone goes extremely slow.  Commute times double or triple.  Traffic snarls and one accident after another are everywhere! 

My daughter had to drive in to Seattle for school this morning, and is now at work.  My husband thought he would pick her up after work since it is 25 degrees, snowing, and the roads are icy.  So, he texts her only to discover that she is taking someone else home after work!!!  Do these young adults do this just to worry their parents?  Does she really think she is being helpful?  C'mon now! 

A couple shots of our snow tonight: 

 My spray painting stool.  Can you tell what color I painted last? 

Guess we probably should have put away the patio chairs and covered the fire pit by now huh?  Oh well, this way it is ready for spring right? 

We were planning to drive over to my in-laws house in Yakima and meet up with my brother and sister-in-law but looks like we will be having Thanksgiving at home.   Hmmmm, guess I better make a plan.  Hey, Safeway, and QFC, and Fred Meyers have those meals you just order and then heat right?  Now, if the power stays on we will be good!  I will just make a few of the traditional dishes my family likes to go with it and we are good!  Problem solved!  oh yeah, I am liking this...

Some pictures from this morning:



View out the front room window, see my van buried out there?

My rhodies were thinking about blooming again..

 Jude watching for birds, its hard to hunt when you are orange!

View out the back door


Do you get snow in your area?  Does it bring things to a halt?  Pretty to look at but I need it to go away now, come back on Thanksgiving day, Christmas Day and New Years Day, and then stay up in the mountains after that!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I live in Florida No snow here, maybe flurries every 10-15 years
I did live in Ky and Tn for a short time and driving on ice and snow was not for me!
Enjoy it!
Sue

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails