Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tough weekend

Mother's day is tomorrow.  I am excited because it is always fun to get special attention from the kids, and  to spend time with them.  I am also sad since my mother is no longer with me.  She passed on about 6 years ago and it is still difficult when this day rolls around  not to feel that loss again.  My father is also gone now.  He died in October 2 years ago after a long illness.  He spent the last several weeks of his life in our home with some support from the Seattle area Hospice services.  These people were wonderfully supportive and helped to make this time as easy as possible for all of us.  Sunday is not only mother's day, but it is my dad's birthday as well.  Every once in awhile, May 9th falls on a Sunday.  This makes it doubly hard for me.  So many memories, so much loss, so little time we have on this earth! 

The sun is out, the weekend promises to be a nice one, and I have things to do to keep me focused on the good this weekend.  Still, it is a wake-up call, to make sure and live everyday to the fullest!  Cherish your time with your families this weekend.  Honor your parents, even if it is hard sometimes, and seize the day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails