Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Can You Do It All Well?

It is pouring rain outside my sliding door as I sit at my desk writing.  Just a few hours ago I woke up to a gorgeous blue sky with white puffy clouds and sun streaming in the windows!  My hope is that the rain will stop soon and the sun will come back.  I have so many projects to do, they keep stacking up on me.  I just want to get outside with my spray paint! 

I think I have been devoting too much time to learning about the business of being an online business.  It is really interesting, and the learning keeps me young, but in the process, I notice there are several things I have neglected.  When I look up from the computer, or camera lense, I see dishes piled in the sink, stuff to go in the shop sitting in corners waiting to be stored, and items to be shipped!  What has happened to my organization?  Where did it go, and why has it left me now when I need it the most? 

How do you organize your time?  I used to work fulltime, volunteer 20+ hours a week and keep the cupboards stocked, laundry done, and the house mostly clean... ok, more clean than now... : )  This wasn't all that long ago either, maybe 4 or 5 years!  It seems things have gotten harder to organize since I have stopped working.  Maybe it is the sense that I have 'unlimited' time to get all these things done?  My procrastination?  Avoidance?  Laziness?  All I know is that it is time for me to come out of the cave and get going!  I have a long list of things to do.  Wanna see some? 

1.  Paint the entire interior of the house.  where to begin?  which room, which color?
2.  Replace faucets and light fixtures in the bathrooms
3.  Replace interior doors
4.  Plant flowers and organize patio and deck
5.  replace both sliding doors - seals are shot!
6.  weed and edge the front landscaping - currently looks like a "cottage in the woods"  with that "natural" landscaping, ie, weeds... I can kid myself that this is cool no longer! 



There is more, but I think I am ready for a nap now.... Thanks for reading..  What's on your list?

1 comment:

Martha said...

I know what you mean, the computer can be addictive, and chores don't magically disappear!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails