Saturday, April 17, 2010

Fears, Family & Friendships

For the last 2 days, I have been on the other side of Washington, sitting at one of the hospitals.  Mostly I have been in transit between the hospital room of my mother-in-law, pre-op for my sister, and the surgery waiting room.  During this long time of waiting, I was able to observe the direct impact of family and friendships and how precious these relationships are. 

We have all read the research about the mind-body connection, the power of prayer, of social connections and caring friends and family.  But this becomes very apparent at times of great stress.  At those times, you don't need a research study to tell you how comforting it is to have the prayers, and company of those you love. 


The fears of the person with the illness are calmed by the presence of friends and family.  Just knowing that there are caring people with you, pulling for you, thinking about you, and praying for you, can mean the difference between a positive and negative outcome.  Knowing that someone cares, about YOU, and is with you through the hard times, is healing. 





Thanks to the caring of these all people, both my sister and mother-in-law are now home and doing very well.  I feel safe knowing that all these individuals are a part of my life, there to help and support me, when I need it, as I will do for them. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails