Friday, April 30, 2010

A new talent?

I just have to brag a little today about my son.  Jared is 13 and in 7th grade.  He is a smart kid that is always asking questions!  I guess that is why he is smart!  Trouble is, many times, I don't have the answers~!  Anyway, he likes to take pictures and experiment with closeups, outdoors, plants, flowers, and animals.  I recently posted a couple of his pictures in the shop, and he sold one!  He sold it to a serviceman in Afganistan for his wife for mother's day!  He was sooo excited, and just today,  TheSilverDog  www.etsy.com/shop/thesilverdog  chose his giraffe print to put in her treasury of kissing animals called "Furry Smooches!" So cute! 



Jared is beginning to see that maybe he really does have a talent that he could develop with practice and hard work.  I love it!  Nothing like someone other than mom telling you that you can do it right?  He is trying to earn money to go to Washington D.C. with his class next year, and has distributed the usual flyers for pet sitting and lawn mowing.  So now, he has another possible way to earn a few dollars towards that and he is motivated!  I love it!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that's awesome! It's always great to make a few bucks of something your enjoy doing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails