Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's been awhile...


Hey, things have gotten away from me and I haven't posted in quite awhile.  I am feeling a bit more energetic with spring fast approaching and thought I would give this another try.  Beleive it or not I still have not finished with the glazing of the two projects I wrote about in my last post.  It seems like we have had some nice days but slipping out in between rain storms has proved frustrating, I always think I have more time... Oh well.  I have actually gotten more things figured out with my Etsy shop and even sold a few items!  I am currently taking on a couple other small projects before I start in on the furniture.  Why do I keep putting it off?  I can't figure out if I am afraid I won't like the process or the result or both?  I just need to get over it and DO it! 
Anyway, for now, I wanted to show you these cute chalk board spice bottles and see what you thought!  Chalkboard paint is fun and versatile.  There are so many possibilities! 

I also tried this on a vase and put a ribbon and a bird charm on it to liven it up a bit.  I think this would be really cute for a spring bouquet gift, birthday, get well, easter, mother's day etc.  You could even put it on your table and change the messages with the seasons, and the ribbons too!  So easy, just prepare your surface, get some chalkboard spray paint and follow the instructions.  Takes about 3-4 light coats, 24 hrs final drying time, and then some preparation with the side of the chalk and wahla~  she is ready!  I will put this on my shop Life In Stages and see if anyone wants her...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails